Online Teaching Strategies for Ministry Education
This Spring course begins on February 10, 2020 and ends on May 15, 2020.
Note: Two reading weeks without expectations of online interaction provide time to concentrate on projects. Reading weeks are March 16–20 and April 6–10 (Holy Week).
The Online Teaching Strategies for Ministry Education Certificate Course prepares theological instructors, future pastors and church leaders to begin teaching in a virtual environment. Through this course, develop a ready-to-use online course with examples you can customize to use as your own.
Preparing for Online Education
Upon completion of this professional certificate course, you will have the ability to confidently design, develop and deliver online courses for virtual students of your choice through engaging content, interactive learning techniques and an atmosphere that promotes a sense of community.
Through this course you will:
- Experience online theological education modeled by an online theological instructor with over 17 years of experience
- See best practices in online education put into action through the course’s online curriculum
- Learn to adapt face-to-face courses to the online environment or begin to develop an online curriculum
- Develop creative learning activities that stimulate student engagement
- Create an online course, complete with syllabus and two weeks of online activities
During the 14-week course, those looking to develop online training—for use in small groups, Bible studies, theological courses and more—will learn how to maximize the benefits of online teaching and learning. The course instruction will:
- Introduce the online learning environment
- Teach online teaching theories and/or small group methods of learning
- Facilitate learning through online activities
- Encourage community through interactive discussion and social media engagement
- Demonstrate Assessment, Evaluation and Maintenance
- Non-degree certificate with 10.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) is $1,850.00 (a savings over the cost of master’s credit)
- For master students the course is a 3-credit course and will be at the normal per credit cost.
- Group Rate (4+ participants): $1,500 per person
For group rate approval, please contact Phyllis Ennist at 937.529.2264 or email@example.com.
"I started the Online Teaching and Learning Certificate having never taught or been taught through an online program. I was skeptical; could an online course really impact someone’s academic, personal and spiritual formation? United’s Online Teaching and Learning Certificate both convinced me that it could and showed me how.… I finished the course confident in my ability to design an online Certificate in Disability Ministry, and would recommend the OTLC to anyone, regardless of previous experience or technological prowess."
"The OTLC program equipped me with resources to deepen my pedagogical reflection, prodded my exploration of online teaching in a fruitful direction and provided ample opportunity to experiment in the online classroom with valuable guidance and feedback. I am confident my participation saved me years of labor and confusion. My cohort of students was supportive and insightful, the faculty was exemplary and innovative and the interface was intuitive. All along I received direct, personalized guidance on how to develop classes in my field."