Job Opportunities at United
United Theological Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty and staff.
Posted on June 15, 2020
Department: Marketing and Accreditation
Reports to: Chief Marketing and Accreditation Officer
FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly
The part-time social media specialist will develop, implement and assess a social media strategy to promote United Theological Seminary and engage its constituents, including prospective students, current students, alumni/ae and donors. The social media specialist will develop content and implement campaigns across social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. The person in this position will work collaboratively with United’s constituents in developing content, including testimonials and stories, and implementing social media campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a measurable social media strategy in collaboration with the Associate Director of Communications and the Chief Marketing and Accreditation Officer
- Implement Seminary social media campaigns that engage target audiences and execute strategies such as lead generation, reputation amplification, engagement, etc.
- Evaluate performance through regular reporting in order to optimize results
- Schedule Seminary social media communications including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Monitor and engage with prospective students, alumni/ae and donors on social platforms
- Collaborate with internal constituents to develop and implement social media campaigns to promote United Theological Seminary and engage its constituents, including prospective students, current students, alumni/ae and donors
- Develop content for social media and other marketing uses, including testimonials, stories, Seminary communications and brand awareness content
- May also assist with other digital marketing initiatives, including website content, email marketing, digital advertising and related media
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally with coursework in social media management and/or digital advertising, may consider candidates who are currently pursuing a degree in these fields
- Experience developing, managing, implementing and measuring a social media strategy
- Experience in developing content for social media campaigns
- Experience working with social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube)
- Experience working with Google analytics is preferred but not required
- Experience with WordPress and website creative is preferred but not required
- Experience in communications and/or public relations is preferred but not required
Please send a resume with salary requirements to United’s Human Resources department via email or postal mail:
Mail: United Theological Seminary
Attn: Human Resources
4501 Denlinger Rd.
Dayton, OH 45426
Minimum Skills for Employment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing job duties, an employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. An employee may occasionally be required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. An employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities may include close vision and peripheral vision.
Ability to relate well to all persons without discrimination regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, veteran status or economic status.
Basic proficiency in the following:
- Windows 10
- Google Apps: includes Gmail, Docs, Drive/File Stream, Calendar and Groups
- Microsoft® Office (2016 or later): includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint