The Shepherd’s Fund
Elders who are leading well should be admired and valued. Double up on the honor shown them; care for them well – especially those constantly and consistently teaching the word and preaching.
1 Timothy 5:17
United Theological Seminary is pleased to partner with the Shepherd’s Fund. The mission of the Shepherd’s Fund is to serve and bless retired pastors and their spouses by providing financial assistance when a medical or other crisis creates a hardship.
Through The Shepherd’s Fund, a United alum or spouse, may qualify for an assistance grant of up to $10,000 each (not to exceed $20,000 total) in a calendar year. They are also eligible to receive the grant in subsequent years, especially in the event of chronic, ongoing medical conditions.
The following United graduates and their spouses are eligible to apply for an assistance grant from the Shepherd’s Fund:
- Retired pastors and spouses of any denominational affiliation
- Surviving spouses of retired pastors
- Pastors with disabilities who are unable to perform ministerial duties but not yet of retirement age
- Retired pastors and spouses who are legal guardians of adult children with a disability
- Retired pastors who are legal guardians for their grandchildren who may have a disability or medical condition, regardless of age
You can apply online here, or contact Harriet Watson, Director of Development and Alumni/ae Relations, at [email protected] for more information.