Pastoral Care and Counseling
This unique Focus Group is designed to empower and inform clergy who want to focus their ministry on pastoral care and/or counseling. It will have two foci: Student will participate in the appropriate session for either pastoral or counseling certification. The overall objective of this program is to help the student focus on a project conducive to his/her context of ministry. Pastoral Care is inclusive of pastoral services, prophetic leadership and social justice.
- Each student is encouraged to enroll in a CPE program upon completion of the doctoral program.
- Each student must have completed the required coursework in an accredited program with an MDiv degree or equivalent in Pastoral Care and Counseling.
- All fees for these requirements will be paid by the student in addition to United tuition and fees. Federal student loans are available through our Financial Aid office.
- D.Min., United Theological Seminary (2021)
- M.A. (Biblical Theology), Palmer Theological Seminary (2016)
- Associate Minister to Pastor, Canaan Baptist Church, New Castle, DE (2013-Present)
- Rev. Dr. Jonathan McReynolds
- Rev. Dr. Leroy Cothran