Non-Degree Graduate Status
Admission as a Non-Degree Graduate student is available for those persons who desire to take classes without being involved in a specific degree program.
You might choose a Non-Degree Graduate status if you:
- Only have one or two classes that you want to take a United, either as a lay person or clergy.
- Are seeking to determine if United is the place for you to do theological education.
- Are exploring a call into ministry by beginning seminary slowly.
- Enroll in United classes in order to transfer the credit to another institution.
- Don’t have time to complete the standard application before the term begins.
Whatever your reason, United offers this status for those exploring the many options available in Christian ministry and theological education.
Guidelines for this status are as follows:
- Students must submit a Special Student application and the Non-Degree Graduate application fee.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Students must pass a background check.
- Students can take up to 9 semester hours under this status. It is not a full application for admission in a degree program.
- For admission to a master’s program or before one registers for their 10th semester hour, one must complete the full application process and submit the application fee.
- All courses taken for credit will transfer into our degree programs.
- Non-Degree Graduate students may register in the Fall or Spring terms as long as they have not completed more than 9 credit hours.
- Please see Tuition and Fees for costs. There is no financial aid available for Non-Degree Graduate students.
- Any student coming in with transfer credit or advanced standing credit is not eligible for Non-Degree Graduate status.
Course Catalog and Planning Guide
The Course Catalog and Planning Guide is provided to assist students in mapping out their degree program at United.
Click below to view the most recent Course Catalog and Planning Guide.