Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Updated: May 18, 2021
Return to Campus (June 7, 2021)
Campus offices for United Theological Seminary will re-open on Monday, June 7, 2021, with employees working on campus Monday–Thursday. The campus is closed Friday, with United employees working remotely. If you are unable to visit campus for any reason or need to contact an employee while they are working remotely, you may contact employees by phone or email Monday-Friday.
The following policies are in place regarding facial coverings and operations upon re-opening:
- The Seminary encourages, but does not require, all employees and students to become vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have personal or health reasons not to be vaccinated.
- While the State of Ohio recommends mask-wearing for non-vaccinated persons, mask wearing will be optional and voluntary for United trustees, employees and students on the campus until June 2, 2021, when the State of Ohio plans to eliminate all health protocols regarding COVID-19.
The 2021 Commencement ceremony will be held in person at the Vineyard Church on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Seating capacity is limited to allow for social distancing. All participants and guests are requested to observe the protocols in place at the Vineyard Church, which is to recommend mask wearing and social distancing unless speaking or playing instruments in the service.
Upcoming United Events
|May 22||Commencement (Vineyard Church)||In-person & Virtual|
|June 11-12||Course of Study||Virtual|
|June 21-25||Master’s Gathering Week||In-person & Virtual|
|Aug 3-5||Pastor’s Theology Seminar||Virtual|
|Aug 9-13||Master’s Gathering Week||In-person & Virtual|
|Aug 11-13||Summer Preaching Seminar||In-person & Virtual|
|Aug 23-27||DMin Intensive||In-person|
|Sept 8||Opening Convocation (Precious Blood Church)||In-person|
|Sept 8-10||Contextual Ministries Retreat||In-person|
|Sept 13||Fall Semester Courses||In-person, Virtual, Online|
What to do if you have/had symptoms:
- If you have been on campus after coming into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 and/or are experiencing signs and symptoms, please notify Steve Swallow, Vice President for Finance and Administration (937.529.2391 or [email protected]), so that the Seminary can take appropriate steps.
- If you have not been on campus and are experiencing signs and symptoms, please follow the regular sick/absence policy in your class syllabus or employee handbook.
- This is an evolving situation; the CDC coronavirus website is the best source of updated information.
- December 23, 2020: New Pandemic Policy
- June 11, 2020: Reopening Plans for Summer and Fall 2020
- April 13, 2020: Letter to Graduating Students
- April 8, 2020: Spring 2020 Hybrids
- March 27, 2020: Postponement of Commencement
- March 20, 2020: “Preaching in the Midst of a Global Pandemic”
- March 16, 2020: President’s Message
- March 13, 2020