United’s Worship and Spiritual Life Committee is offering a weekly devotional for staff, faculty, students, alumni/ae and friends to guide you in cultivating awareness of the Holy during this Lenten season. Devotionals written by contributors including faculty, staff, alumni/ae and students will guide you from Ash Wednesday through Easter.
Here’s a guide for engaging with each weekly devotion:
- Free yourself from any distraction and enter silence for one minute.
- Offer a prayer for the devotion’s contributor(s) and for God to speak to you.
- Read the chosen Scripture text, selected from the weekly lectionary.
- Read and ponder the Reflection.
- Conclude your time with the Personal Prayer and Community Focus.
- The Meeting Idea is a suggested way to incorporate the week’s theme into meetings at which you are present that week.
Download Lent Devotionals