Dr. Harold A. Hudson is the Senior Pastor Emeritus of Calvary Tremont Missionary Baptist Church, having served as Pastor from 1996 to 2016. Prior to becoming the Senior Pastor at Calvary Tremont, Pastor Hudson was the Senior Pastor of The New Hope Baptist Church in Hillsboro, Ohio from 1988 to 1996.
He attended the Ohio State University from 1958 to 1960, and the Youngstown State University from 1980 to 1983. From 1986 to 1987 he attended the Boyce Bible School and in 1987 the Eastern Union Bible College. In 1991 he attended the International Seminary, Plymouth, Florida, where he received his Bachelor of Theology degree; 1996, International Seminary, where he received his Master of Religious Education degree. In 1998 at Richmond Virginia Seminary, Pastor Hudson received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity degree, and then in 2001 to 2003 he attended the United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio where he received his Doctor of Ministry.
Dr. Hudson’s service to United Theological Seminary:
- Associate Dean Emeritus for Doctoral Studies beginning August 2021.
- Associate Dean of Doctoral Studies from June 2009 to August 2021.
- Vice President of Enrollment from 2015 to 2018.
- Board of Trustees member from 2006 to 2009.
- Adjunct Professor Doctoral Studies from January 2003 to present.
- Doctor of Ministry Mentor beginning 2004.
- Facilitator of the Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference 2019 to present.
Dr. Hudson is affiliated with the following:
- Inducted into the Martin Luther King Jr. Board of Preachers at Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia on April 02, 2009.
- Adjunct Professor Ohio Christian University Circleville, Ohio from August 2005 to present.
- Adjunct Professor at Eastern Union Bible College (1996-2003)
- Maryhaven Hospital, Board of Directors
- Religious Advisor to Mayor Michael Coleman, Columbus, Ohio (2003-2006)
- Eastern Union Missionary Baptist Association; served as Moderator
- Ohio Baptist General Convention
- National Baptist Association, USA
- Columbus Baptist Ministerial Alliance
- Columbus Baptist Pastor’s Conference and Vicinity
- The American Red Cross, Board Member
- “Who’s Who in Black Columbus” (2010)
Dr. Hudson is the Executive Director and founder of the Bernice Troy Home, Inc., Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Hudson’s objective is to serve his family, the local and extended church and to witness to the world about Jesus Christ the Lord. Dr. Hudson is married to Billie S. Hudson, and together they are the proud parents of seven children and proud grandparents of nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.