United Theological Seminary is pleased to offer the Church Leader Discount to entering students who are currently serving in a paid position at a church. The Church Leader Discount provides 20% off of tuition for those working full- or part-time in church leadership. That’s a $152 discount per credit hour (a $438 savings on a 3-credit course) for master’s and pre-doctoral students or a $920 discount per semester for doctoral students.
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Paid member of church staff
- Applying for one of the following eligible programs:
Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Christian Ministries, Master of Theological Studies, Doctor of Ministry or Pre-Doctoral Program
- Have not been registered, enrolled or admitted to United previously
The Church Leader Discount is renewable for up to 4 years for the Master of Divinity program and up to 3 years for all other eligible programs, for students who maintain a 2.5 GPA and continue serving on a church staff. Students who qualify for both a United scholarship and the Church Leader Discount will be awarded only the greater of the two.
Church Leader Discount Policy
- Must be serving in a paid position at a church.
- Must be a new student, who has never been registered, enrolled or admitted to United.
- Must apply and be admitted to United under United’s standard application process. Begin your application at united.edu/apply.
- Must apply to one of the following eligible programs:
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA
- There is no minimum of credit hours per semester.
- A student can apply for a scholarship as well as the discount; however, the student will only be awarded the higher of the two awards offered. They will not receive both a discount and scholarship.
- All discounts will be applied after the add/drop period.
- The discount is renewable up to 4 years for the Master of Divinity program and up to 3 years for all other eligible programs.
- At the time of application, the student must provide a signed letter from their employer on the Church’s letterhead to confirm employment status.
Qualifying students will receive notification via an award letter from the Financial Aid office.