How do I pay the application fee?
Pay (click on the “Pay” tab)
Essay 2 should be 1 page double-spaced.
Content must be original. Also, cite outside sources if used to write your essays. Applicants that plagiarize will be not considered for admission.
Plagiarism- the practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.
- Transcripts from outside of the U.S.: International applicants must apply for your transcripts evaluation at WES.org.
You will need to submit your transcripts to World Education Services for an official evaluation. This enables our admissions department to evaluate your transcripts on the same level as US accredited institutions. Below is a link to the World Education Services: www.wes.org
Simply set up an account with WES and be sure to have a copy of your evaluation sent to United Theological Seminary, Dayton Ohio.
Fill out the application and follow their directions for sending your transcripts directly to WES.
- WES Basic Evaluation – Course by Course $160.00
Standard Delivery $7
Additional Report for United Theological Seminary $37
Please login and begin this process immediately. It may take up to a month for WES to receive your documents if you start today.
Transcripts from U.S.: International applicants request official transcripts must be sent directly to the United Theological Seminary Admissions Office.
Recent TOEFL score of 550 for paper-based tests, 213 for computer-based tests or 79 for internet-based tests for Master’s degree students and 570 for paper-based tests, 230 for computer-based tests or 88 for internet-based tests for Doctoral Degree students. The score needs to be reported by the testing agency on an original document.
What is United Theological Seminary’s Institutional TOEFL code?
United’s institutional code is 1828.
Can I waive the TOEFL requirement?
- If English is the official language in your home country you many request a TOEFL waiver.
- If you earned a Master Degree or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or seminary a located in the U.S. you may request a TOEFL waiver.
- Request for the Waiver of TOEFL for International Applicants
- We require TOEFL scores of 550 for paper-based tests, 213 for computer-based tests or 79 for internet-based tests for Master’s Programs and 570 for paper-based tests, 230 for computer-based tests or 88 for internet-based tests for Doctoral Programs.
What if my TOEFL’s score is too low?
You can apply to an Intensive English Program (IEP) at an institution that offers this program and retake the TOEFL and submit new scores.
Continuing students must submit the scholarship application by March 1 to be considered for the following academic year.
- M.Div. Yes, with an F-1 visa or I-20 (Canadian Students)students may travel to the US for intensives and combine with 1 online class per semester. For example, attend 2 intensives plus 1 online course. International visa students may only take 1 online class per semester.
- M.T.S. Yes, our MTS program is available completely online and does not require a student visa.
- M.A.C.M. See M.Div.
- Pre- Doctoral Yes, the pre-doctoral is available completely online and does not require a student Visa.
- D. Min Yes, requires F-1 visa to attend intensive and focus group.
What types of student visa are available?
Once you plan to enroll, United will provide an I -20 for F-1 visa students (distance learners and for those that do not require work or more than one year of academic training) and a DS-2019 for J-1 visa students (for residential students and those that require work or more than one year of academic training).
F-1 visa holders must wait one year before working off-campus. Work is limited to 12 months. F-2 visa holders are not permitted to work.
J-1 students may work either on or off campus upon arriving in the U.S. J-2 visa holders are permitted to work after obtaining employment authorization.
Do I need to have health insurance?
Only J-1 international students are required to purchase health insurance. However, United suggests that all international students purchase health insurance.
How do I apply for my F-1 visa or J1 visa?
After international applicants receive their I-20 or DS-2019 FORM and have paid the SEVIS fee www.ice.gov, they can apply for an F-1 VISA OR J-1 VISA through the embassy.
What are the tuition/living expenses for the masters program?
What are the tuition/living expenses for the doctoral program?
Where will I live when I enroll at United?
Dorms are not available at United but there are apartments for rent on the bus route close to campus to United.
*Evidence of adequate financial resources for school and living expenses including copies of bank statements and signed support letters from sponsoring organizations and individuals. Please note: If you are relying on tuition assistance and help with living expenses, please indicate this on the form.
*Proof of health insurance for you and your dependents (J-1 program only. See requirements on separate sheet enclosed).Must be purchased upon arrival in the U.S.