United’s Intensive Weeks are held in January and August at our Dayton, OH, campus. Intensive Weeks introduce DMin students to current issues that are impacting ministry. Each Intensive is organized around a specific theme and is taught by national leaders. The Intensives also provide a setting for course work, the development of research methodology and focus group consultation.
Included in the Intensive Week:
- Communal worship
- Focus group meetings
- Plenary sessions focused on the theme of the Intensive
- Core course work for required academic curriculum
AUGUST 21-25, 2017
Theme: Ministry of Prayer
Van Service Schedule — Sunday and Monday*
The following events are open to the public. Monday’s event will be held on campus at United Theological Seminary, 4501 Denlinger Road, Dayton, OH. Tuesday through Friday, all events will be held at the Marriott Hotel Ballroom, 1414 S. Patterson Blvd.
- • Monday, Aug. 21: 7 p.m., Opening Worship, Zimmerman Chapel, United Theological Seminary — Preacher, Bishop Violet Fisher
- • Tuesday, Aug. 22: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Ms. Robbie Collins; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Dr. Millicent Hunter
- • Wednesday, Aug. 23: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. David Watson; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Bishop James E. Swanson Sr.; 6:45 p.m., Evening Worship — Preacher, Bishop James E. Swanson Sr.
- • Thursday, Aug. 24: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. Kent Millard; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Dr. Tom Jones
- • Friday, Aug. 25: 8 a.m., Plenary, Dr. Andrew Park; 9:30 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. Angela Washington