United’s Intensive Weeks are held in January and August at our Dayton, OH, campus. Intensive Weeks introduce D.Min. students to current issues that are impacting ministry. Each Intensive is organized around a specific theme and is taught by national leaders. The Intensives also provide a setting for course work, the development of research methodology and focus group consultation.
Included in the Intensive Week:
- Communal worship
- Focus group meetings
- Plenary sessions focused on the theme of the Intensive
- Core course work for required academic curriculum
JANUARY 23-27, 2017
Theme: Debt-Free Churches and Members
Van Service Schedule — Sunday and Monday*
The following events are open to the public. Monday’s event will be held on campus at United Theological Seminary, 4501 Denlinger Road, Dayton, OH. Tuesday through Friday, all events will be held at the Marriott Hotel Ballroom, 1414 S. Patterson Blvd.
- • Monday, Jan. 23: 7 p.m., Opening Worship, Zimmerman Chapel, United Theological Seminary — Preacher, Dr. Kent Millard
- • Tuesday, Jan. 24: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. Joni Sancken; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Dr. Sondra Wheeler
- • Wednesday, Jan. 25: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. Bridget Weatherspoon; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Dr. DeForest Soaries; 6:45 p.m., Evening Worship — Preacher, Dr. Sir Walter Lee Mack
- • Thursday, Jan. 26: 8 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Dr. Lucius Dalton; 8:45 a.m., Plenary, Dr. Stan Tharp
- • Friday, Jan. 27: 8 a.m., Plenary, Mrs. Callie Picardo; 8:45 a.m., Chapel — Preacher, Rev. Kevin Sturdivant