United offers support programs in academics, technology, physical and personal assistance.
If you have a documented disability, please complete the application for Disability Services and send it to the email below once you have submitted your application for admission to United. A copy of professional documentation of disability should be submitted along with your application.
The application for services from United is separate from the application for Admission to the seminary. Students are encouraged to contact Admissions to apply for admission to the seminary prior to applying for services with the Office of Disabilities.
Step 1 – Get Started
- Applicants requesting services should contact the Office of Disabilities at email@example.com to obtain application packet
- Students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Office to apply for admission to the seminary prior to applying for services at http://united.edu
- Students are encouraged to self-identify with the Office of Disabilities after submitting the admissions application.
Step 2 – Apply and Submit Documentation
Submit ALL of the Following that apply:
Application for Services
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
Testing assessment using acceptable testing instruments and measures. Provide specifics of how learning and academic activities are impaired in an academic setting that is supported by the data in the testing assessment.
Certification of ADHD Disability
- Learning Disabilities
A psycho educational assessment using acceptable testing instruments and measures. The assessment must give specifics of the learning disability that is clearly supported by the data in the assessment.
- Physical Disabilities
Involving Medical, Physical, Hearing or Visual Impairments can be certified by a physician or counselor.
Certification of Physical Disability
- Psychological Disorders
Testing evaluation using acceptable testing instruments. Provide specifics of how learning and academic activities are impaired in an academic setting that is supported by the data in the evaluation.
Certification of Psychological Disability
- A list of services provided in high school and/or other schools attended
Individual Education Plan (IEP), Evaluation Team Report (ETR), 504 Plan, and/or letter describing services used at previous colleges attended
- A transcript of grades from other schools attended
All documents submitted are placed in a confidential student file and will not be returned to the applicant, nor forwarded to any agency or other college or university. We suggest you submit copies, keeping the original documents for your use at a later time.Submit forms and documentation to:
- United Theological Seminary
Office of Disabilities
4501 Denlinger Road
Dayton, OH 45426
- United Theological Seminary
Once all documentation materials have been received and reviewed, you will be contacted by the Office of Disabilities to let you know if you have qualified for services.
Academic services are designed to assist students with disabilities in meeting all academic requirements at the seminary. Students with documented disabilities may receive classroom accommodations such as:
- Test Proctoring services for students needing additional time, an environment with reduced distractions, adaptive computer accommodations, and/or reading or writing assistance
- Classroom accommodations
- Online course accessibility w/ closed-captioning where applicable.
- Screen reader friendly